As promised some of the ways I use coconuts.
1. Sprinkle coconut flakes over cereal.
2. Coconut flakes are great as an after school snack for kids.
3. Coconut Oil -I use this for pretty much all my cooking.
4. Drink coconut water – it has the highest concentration of electrolytes than anything else found in nature. This makes it an excellent source of hydration. Fantastic for endurance events.
5. Coconut Cream in my curries.
6. Coconut milk in my seafood laska.
7. Coconut milk or cream in kids breakfast smoothies.
8. Coconut flour in baking. It’s a great gluten-free alternative with fewer carbohydrates than many other flours and a significantly higher fibre and protein content.
9. Coconut cream over your porridge for breakfast.
10. Coconut butter is the flesh of the coconut which as been ground into a butter. It is creamier than the oil, and makes a great dairy-free spread.
Oh and don’t forget the Pina Colada 🙂
CLASSIC PINA COLADA RECIPE- IT’S GOT TO BE GOOD FOR YOU….LOL
60ml Bacardi Superior white rum
45ml coconut cream
45ml fresh pineapple juice
5ml fresh lime juice
Put all ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Shake and strain over ice. Alternatively, put all ingredients into a blender and blend with one glass of ice cubes. Pour into a tall glass and garnish with a maraschino cherry and a pineapple wedge.